About this site
This is my online writing portfolio. Samples have been organized according to categories, found under the “Clippings by Category” link in the navigation bar to the left.
- General Features: Feature articles on this and that and sometimes even the other thing.
- News Features: Feature articles on various news stories prominent within my circulation.
- Sports Features: Feature articles on sports figures and events.
- Community Features: Feature articles on various communities and their activities.
- Editorials: Pretty self-explanatory.
- Reviews: Reviews of books and theatre
- Interviews: From writers such as Maeve Binchy and Ian Rankin to director Neil Jordan I’ve talked to a lot of people. The nice thing is, they talk back.
- Marketing and Advertising: From my long-running “Ad Nauseam” column on various issues important to the advertising industry.
- Technology: While much of my writing in this field was proprietary, this is a sampling of articles done for the general public. It also includes an example of my corporate editing.
A few reader favourites over the years are, The first of the Last Times, Chicken art and Canadian politics, and V8 juice and Canadian unity.
I’ve also added a couple of academic theses, which, while serious in subject matter, are (I hope) written with a light enough touch to be enjoyable.
Both my technical and marketing writing for corporate clients has largely been analytical and proprietary, and therefore not appropriate for inclusion here. The articles posted under those categories are those I’ve written for the general public. However, one of my corporate clients, QlikView, was kind enough to allow me to post a sample of the editing I’ve done for their white papers.
I’ve also included a few posts from blogs I’ve kept, and some slideshows of photos I’ve taken.
All comments have been disabled, but if you wish to leave a comment, or contact me for any reason, you can do so below.
Thanks for visiting.